Thursday, September 27, 2007

Positive Thinking

I have been doing a lot of positive thinking over the past couple of days. It is working. I am one of those people that when they start thinking negatively can just drown in it. I hate it and know it happens but sometimes there is nothing you can do about it. Lucky I have a wonderful partner, friends and family that have known exactly what needed to be said and help me start mending.

Yes things didn't go according to plan but there are a lot of good things that have come out of it. Guitarboy and I now know that we do want to start a family. We are ready to become parents and make the commitment to be good parents together. We were definitely not on that page before. We were sure we would like to be parents one day but had no firm idea of when and I think that could have gone on like that for another year or so. I think this is a big break through. We also now know that we can actually get pregnant. All parts are in working order. We just have to put everything to good use and hopefully have some fun in the process. Something to look forward to.

The biggest thing is that when I need to lean on someone or there are difficult times in my life Guitarboy is the one I want to have around me. He is really just everything to me and I hope I am just being enough for him. I have had a lot of support from everyone about how I am mentally and physically. I am not sure that Guitarboy has had enough of the same. I feel like it is worse for him than it is for me. It is like he is just a little on the outside because his body wasn't involved. Physically going through the experience really does help you come to terms with the fact that it is over. By concentrating on getting my body back into good health that helps me with my healing process. What does he have to help him? Like I said I hope I am giving enough back to him.

1 comment:

Mermaidgrrrl said...

You are a great partner to Guitarboy. Anyone can see how much you love him and want the best for him whilst still maintaining good boundaries for yourself. Your family is so wonderful too and I think that probably heals a few things for him too and will definitely help you guys with parenting role models (you lucky ducks!)

Might sound cheesy, but maybe GB will have to take on some of the physical stuff that you are doing so he's part of it that way too. We both know there's one bad habit in particular that he can quit! If you're both popping vitamins and getting enough healthy food and sleep (Yes - sleep!!!!!) then you will both be more on the same page about preparation maybe. Love to you both of course!!!